Sunday, November 06, 2005

Jean-Michel Jarre: Aero CD+DVD


Reasons why I like Jean-Michel Jarre:

- His music makes me fly
- I have the fondest memories from when I was a teenager and was listening to Magnetic Fields all day long.
- When I was a student in Leeds I went to one of his shows in Manchester and it took my breath away.
- I find him innovative, inspired, a master in his music field
- He's gorgeous, especially when he wears white and sits on the synth!!!!

The stereo CD has all the well known hits plus three new tracks. I've transferred all of them, except Zoolookogy, I never liked that one, I find it creepy. He has remixed them and they sound amazing. You have to listen to Oxygene 4, one of his best known hits, you know, the one with the video with the penguins, the remix is great. The last live track is Rendez-Vous and it's incredible, it always gives me goosebumps.

The DVD has exactly the same tracks, remastered for 5.1 Surround Sound, an experience you have to have, it's so uplifting! Don't expect to see any footage though, it's just a pair of eyes blinking and winking, which disappointed some of his fans. But for me it's all about the music. What he's done with it is a big bonus for this album and I highly recommend it.

LISTEN TO IT: While meditating, writing, painting, creating or, in my case sometimes, while doing housework, it keeps you going!

No comments: