Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Curiosity: Back To Front

Back in the early nineties a song, a cover of Johnny Bristol's "Hang On In There Baby" by Curiosity made a brief appearance in the charts.

I already knew the original song, a 1974 hit, and I liked it, but not as much as I did this cover version.
A very good production, is a happy and uplifting song, but what makes it special is the voice of the lead singer, Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot. His voice is so clear, so unique in this song that gives Johnny Bristol a run for his money...

It took me a few years to get it. I wasn't really looking, to tell you the truth, but one day I heard the original on the radio and it reminded me of the Curiosity version. When I started looking it was so difficult to find, I'd be luckier with gold or diamonds. Nothing in HMV, Virgin Megastores or any other high street record shops. They had Curiosity's (or Curiosity Killed The Cat as they were better known before RSPCA came along...) greatest hits, but this song wasn't included.
Finally, I ordered it from Amazon, which had a Limited Availability. I could have met Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot, fall in love with him, marry him and have his babies, and he could have sung the song to me every day. That's how long it took them to send the CD! When it was finally here and I heard the intro I felt like I was going to burst from happiness. That's how this song makes me feel.

LISTEN TO IT: Well, if you can find it, that is. The whole album is sweet and very pleasant to listen to, but Hang On In There Baby is the best song to listen if you are or you want to feel joyful, happy, high (not that kind of high)! Or if you just had an incredible day with the one you love (*sigh*)

3 comments:

PTfan said...

Oh Marietta. So many sad faces on Rachels blog you put. I understand. it's all sad sentences you wrote.
Hey, thanks for putting my link up. That's cool. One time I tried putting up links on my blog but it didn't turn out. I don't know what I did wrong.

Marietta Zervou said...

Sorry I put people down...
It was mainly a joke though.
But I corrected it!
I put happy faces now.

thanks for pointing it out, ptfan

Justin Kreutzmann said...

I'll try and track that tune down.