Sunday, November 06, 2005

Abbey Road

This is sooo Beatles for me.
The historical cover, the songs, the myth behind the picture, all that stuff.

From this album I have transferred the following songs:

1. COME TOGETHER: Subtle and sexy, it reminds me of the funniest book I've ever read, with the same title, by Jossie Lloyd and Emlyn Rees.

2. SOMETHING: I love songs by George Harrison and for me this is one of his best. The lyrics are amazing, the music...magical. Frankie does a great job on his version too, but for me the original is always better.


3. HERE COMES THE SUN: How come I always listen to that song when it's raining or when I'm feeling blue? It makes me feel a little bit better, but just for a while, because the Sun doesn't come always when I need it (/him).

4. BECAUSE: I first heard that song at the end credits of the film To Die For, with Illeana Douglas ice skating over it. It's not one of my favourites, but still, I don't mind listening to it.

5. GOLDEN SLUMBERS: The beginning of the song gives me goosebumps... Paul's voice is amazing and I love the piano.

LISTEN TO IT: on a rainy, dull day like today. It goes with the colour of the sky and it gives a kind of nostalgic feeling
.

1 comment:

Mark T said...

This makes me feel very old. I saw the Beatles back in 1965ish. They did a two week? stint at Hammersmith Odeon which is now Carling Apollo or whatever it's name is this week. Jimmy Saville was the compere and I think The Yardbirds were on the same bill with one or two other groups. Those were the days. Us old fogeys eh!!