Nevertheless, it is the time to set new rules for the New Year and for the New Me
- Well, the first one has usually to do with our health and appearance, so I'll start by saying: since I have already quit smoking I have to keep up the good work and spirit and also keep an eye on my diet and exercise. I love Pilates and swimming so that's what I'll do, until the bathing suit comes out of the drawer and into my suitcase. Now, if only I had a personal trainer and an indoor swimming pool...
- Remortgage the house, something I should have done a year ago and I keep postponing it. I have to schedule the following weeks around that goal and then, I'll be much better pocket-wise!
- Buy a car! I miss my car and I miss driving. I think this will be the year I buy myself a little something on four wheels. A Ferrari is out of the question at the moment, so I'll settle for a Scoda, LOL. No, not really, my favourite car is the old Mini, but the new one is not bad either. Or a Polo. Or a Clio. Or a Beatle. Oh, what the heck, anything with a good stereo to listen to The Who on the road is fine by me!
- Go to as many Who and Rachel gigs as possible. Life is too short and we should do whatever makes us happy. And there is nothing else in the world that makes me happier than music!
- Challenge myself a bit and go to the job market to see what's on offer. I love my job but I don't like the retail hours. I'm sure that there's something out there for my experience, knowledge, qualifications, talent, wit, amazing qualities and modesty!
- Spend more time with my goddaughter, who is growing up becoming sweet and beautiful and we love each other very much. Unfortunately with me working those long hours five days a week it's not easy, which brings us back to number 5.
- Save save save money to make that trip to Japan, which I've been dreaming since I was four years old. And take my lovely mother with me and treat her with the best.
- Expand my knowledge in classical music and literature. I know a few things but I'm thirsty to learn more. Buy my favourite operas on CD or DVD and listen carefully...! And read more!
- Send Christmas cards and gifts on time this year, pref. at the beginning of November and not in the middle of January as I'm going to do now!
- Last but not least: have fun, never cry over spilt milk, stop obsessing over a certain someone and be and feel fabulous!!!
I wish all of you to achieve whatever goal you set yourself on, this year.
Love, happiness and inner and outter peace!!!!!